Holiday Gift Guide: Home Goods | The Handmade Pop-Up 2016
I hope you're getting ready for some holiday shopping! Why wait until the last minute then try to battle the long market lines and crowds? How about shopping global this year? I was one of over 200 lucky applicants to vendor at the very first 'The Handmade Pop-Up' hosted by Sam Shaw of Makers Movement + Grace Gulley of CYL Collective! And the best part is, it's taking place online!
Discover + shop many talented handmade artists and designers from around the globe! When you shop small you're supporting an individual maker, not a mass produced, overrated, high fashion label. You vote with your dollar, so why not put that money into helping the small local economy of the maker you're buying from. An article from Co-Op states "A series of studies by the research firm Civic Economics found that 48 percent of purchases at local independent businesses go right back into the community, compared to less than 14 percent of sales made at chain stores."
If that's not a good enough reason to #shopsmall then I don't know what is.
I'm going to be creating a series of holiday gift guides from all the amazingly talented makers that are vending at The Handmade Pop-Up. You'll discover, artwork, ceramics, wall hangings, cute cloth dolls, jewelry, accessories, home goods, toys for your pet, apothecary and so much more! The first up is Home Goods. Enjoy!
1. Primavera Naranja | Indigo Woodblock Printed Cushion 2. Two Hands Full | Clay Tumbler 3. Scene 3 Designs | Recycled Skateboard Tea Light Holder 4. House Weaving | Driftwood Wall Hanging 5. The Small + Salvage Wild | Triangle Shelf 6. Hinkleville Handmade | Gold Flower Planter 7. The Northern Market | Small Rope Bowl 8. Clever Someday Prints | Bird Tea Towel 9. Folk Wood Co. | Squiggle Print Pillow 10. Art by Jen F | Tear Drop Air Plant Holder 11. Bubba and Babe | Boho Triangles Baby Quilt 12. Natalie Gerber | Good Taste Table Runner 13. Rain and the River | Shibori Linen Pillow Cover 14. Amanda Bialk Makes Art | Pink Watercolor Facet Planter 15. Junebug and Darlin | Triangle Tea Towels 16. Glasshouse | Woven Wall Hanging 17. Woodstorming | Wood Vase 18. Eikcam | Evil Eye Wall Ornament 19. Ikam Create | Hand Painted Candle Holder 20. 27th Star Co | The Addie Pillow Cover 21. Kellee Creative | Cream and Indigo Woven Wall Hanging 22. Looming Jane | Skyline Pillow 23. West Oak Design | Arrow Stamped Plant Cozy 24. Folk Wood Co. | Cactus Print Tea Towel
Make sure to save the date for The Handmade Pop-Up which goes live November 4th at 11AM EST (8AM PST) through November 6th at 6PM EST (3PM PST) at TheHandmadePopup.com! Add it to your phone calendar right now so you don't forget. You can also signup to The Handmade Pop-Up newsletter on their site to get all the updates!
If you love supporting makers around the world then raise your hands and say yes in the comments section below! Then follow these tips to spread the word:
- Share this post with your friends and family on Facebook (hint to your other half that you really want that cute hand printed pillow case).
- Pin the gift guide image above to your Home Decor Pinterest Board!
- Tweet this: I'm shopping small this year at #TheHandmadePopup hosted by @CYLCollective + @MakersMovement Nov 4-6 TheHandmadePopup.com #ShopSmall
- Left click the image below (press & hold if you're on your phone) and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @thehandmadepopup!